Wednesday, October 11, 2006

album of the week

the beach boys "Endless Summer"

it's an epic compilation of a bunch of their older stuff, which is the good stuff- love songs, break up songs, surfing songs, driving songs... it's basically the sum of the human experience with a surf guitar background and cool harmonies. also, my old roommate joey used to have it on all the time back at our old apartment (he was a san diegan), and it reminds me of home, which i like.

it's raining in new york, in case you're wondering.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were a Beach Boys fan! It's very nostalgic to me. I have their early concert album. I can't believe kokomo was maybe their biggest hit.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Klobas said...

It is sad that Kokomo was a huge hit. I mean it's a nice little song, but The Beach Boys heyday was clearly when Brian Wilson was still a functioning member of society.

I love the outtakes from the Smiley Smile sessions. Vegetables is wonderful. I love the 16-minutes extended Heroes & Villains mix. Marcella is a great swingin' 70s song.

Yes, the Beach Boys big hits were great, but they cannot be compared to the majesty and wonder that Brian Wilson spun in his creative period.

Check out 'Darlin' and 'Wild Honey'

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home