Friday, September 08, 2006

School

So, I think now I will explain some things about school. This might be really boring, so don't read it if you don't like boring things.

It turns out that the first three weeks that I spent out here were just for fun. It was a pass/not pass orientation type class, where the only goal was to learn how to take your other clases. We read somewhere between five and six hundred pages and we don't have to remember any of it, which is both a relief and a frustration. Now we've just finished out first week of classes where we will get actual grades. I have three classes- contracts, torts, and civil procedure- and one semi-class called a legal practice workshop that is pas/not pass. And no class on fridays. I'm not sure what I'll think in a month or two, but right now it seems like my workload it really light. I only have fifteen pages of reading to do for the whole weekend, which, judging by the course sylabi, looks like it will be about average most nights, or maybe slightly less than average.

So, not only am I getting all the reading done, but I've had time to do other things. This was my biggest workout week since june, and now my feet hurt in a satisfying way. I also went to Boston and jumped in a freezing cold lake (oh and I found out today that the Harvard rejection letter just arrived, finishing off my 11 month application process). I also have plans to watch the Cal football game tomorrow. So, right now at least, law school is pretty awesome. But I may have just jinxed myself on that one. Anyway, I'm going to bed. I'll write more soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger EssicaJay said...

Boo you never blog anymore.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home