Wednesday, September 20, 2006

so many things

There are a lot of things to write about today.

First, and most important, my older sister had a baby today. He came a couple of weeks early, but he's happily right on weight at 8 lbs and .5 ounces. i'm pretty excited to be even more an uncle than i was before, but it's also sad that i won't get to see the first few years so closely as i did with the first two kids. hopefully he won't hold it against me.

On another happy note, I spent last weekend in Utah and had a really nice time. honestly i wish i could have stayed. The weather was unexpectedly cold and rainy, which was perfect for hot chocolates, but not so good for much else. I did a few important things though, like buying a big winter coat and eating a brownie sunday at leatherby's. Also, i took a few beautiful pictures. It felt so good to smell mountain air and to get around in a car rather than on the subway. The friend who I stayed with got married in the SLC temple two days after I left, and i was glad to get to catch up with him a bit and everything. All in all, i really needed a little vacation for several reasons, and this was exactly what i wanted.

When I got back to New York, I got the news that I have probably the coolest dad around. Through a friend from work he somehow got me a pair of tickets to go see The Who play at Madison square garden on tuesday. I'm not sure exactly how this happened, but these were the best tickets I've ever had to any show. We were right on the floor, maybe 30 yards from the stage. My dad's friend was there that night and was able to sneak me a backstage pass for a bit so I could go check out all the equipment and i even walked around on stage for a bit just before the band went on. The music and the show were awesome, and pete townsend still knows how to rock out pretty hard, even though he's old. The only downside is that two showers later i still smell like smoke, and also that i paid something like $10 for a hotdog and a soda.

School is fun. It's just busy enough to keep me inside and reading for most evenings, but not so busy that I feel like I can't keep up. Really, the schedule they have me on is pretty much ideal as far as structuring my life so that I have time to work out each day, do a bunch of reading, and also spend some time on scriptures each night. i guess when i write it out it sounds really simple and not so exciting, but it's basically exactly how i would structure my time if i ruled the world. except of course that i would also include designated ice cream time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home