Wednesday, October 18, 2006

how to nurture your marriage

I got a call today from someone in the elders quorum presidency asking me to teach the priesthood lesson this sunday. the topic: how to nurture your marriage. I don't remember ever being married and don't have a lot of experience with this topic. Also, this is an odd topic for a group of single guys to talk about, but i do understand that it's important to think about now as preparation for later on. but still, i have no personal stories or insights about this, unless i want to talk about how to get phone numbers or plan a date, which would probably be best left to talk about after church (and with somebody who is better than me at those things). So, married people, what should I talk about? Single people, help me make something up, ok? Any ideas or insights would be appreciated.

9 Comments:

Blogger cchrissyy said...

Honesty and disclosure. Nothing will bring two people closer together than complete forthrightness and honesty.

And housework. Nothing will bring two people closer together than housework. Honest, forthright housework is my prescription.

Unload the dishwasher! And do it honestly!

But seriously: honesty. And housework.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cookies. eat cookies together.

or alone. cookies.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three words: "She's always right"


Yeah, I know... I'm not ready to get married.

12:01 PM  
Blogger HornInFBb said...

how funny... good luck!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

I assigned that to Dula and Susan. Susan told us stuff Dula did she liked. And Dula did a survey that found that .6 dates per month per quorum member were with members of the ward and 16 of 31 quorumers had gone on 0 dates in the month and school is somewhat more important than dating and marriage in Berkeley.

Maybe you can fly Dula and Susan out?

5:54 PM  
Blogger HornInFBb said...

yeah, so I have no advice for the actual talk.

1:08 PM  
Blogger HornInFBb said...

well, if you wnated "how to be a good husband" tips, or "things wives hate" tips, I've got those. I'm just not sure that's what the lesson should be. but once you have a concept, I'd be glad to help fill it in.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's imporant that a marriage does not begin with a 22 year old hitting on a 17 year old... but maybe that's just me ;)

10:01 PM  
Blogger james said...

i knew i forgot something in my lesson...

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home