Monday, November 06, 2006

love poem

so did you see il postino? it was a pretty good movie about the poet pablo neruda and the guy who delivered mail to him. pablo helps the postman get this girl by teaching him about poetry and love and all that. so i picked up a book of poems by him at the bookstore the other day and found this:

Upstream, in the midst of our outer waves,
your parallel body yields to my arms
like a fish infinitely fastened to my soul,
quick and slow, in the energy under the sky.

I don't know what it's like in Chile, but I don't think girls here are that into being compared to fishes. maybe something was lost in the translation.

2 Comments:

Blogger cchrissyy said...

I don't think it's about fish...

7:30 AM  
Blogger HornInFBb said...

we only saw Il Postino for 30 or 40 minutes and I got too tired- still need to finish it someday, I hear it's good.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home