Monday, March 19, 2007

a couple of pictures

So these are two of my favorite pictures from my trip to spain last week.

The first one here is at a bar where I went to see some flamenco dancing. The guy in the back is singing and there's another guy who you can hardly see on the right playing guitar. The band wasn't that great, but I had never seen a live show before so I thought it was pretty cool. Also, I want to be a flamenco singer. I realize this means I have to grow out my hair really long, but I think it'll be worth it.















The next picture is at the armory of the Royal Palace in Madrid. This is the armor worn by Gaspar de Guzman, Count Duke of Olivares. In college I took a class on spanish history, and we spent a while talking about this guy and how sneaky and evil he was (here he is looking sneaky). When spain was still a pretty powerful country he was sort of the guy behind the scenes who was running things, if I remember correctly. When you read about him you always see this painting, and i thought it was cool to see the same armor in person.















There are lots of other cool pictures that might be more interesting than these too. I'll figure out a way to post all 180 of them somewhere on the internet.

7 Comments:

Blogger cchrissyy said...

"Also, I want to be a flamenco singer."

sing now, "I'm trying to be like Jesus, I'm following in his ways..."

10:38 PM  
Blogger cchrissyy said...

I'd like the see some armor sometime too. BTW I have your "Spanish civil war" book.
And yeah, put up more pictures!

10:40 PM  
Blogger JessicaMarie said...

Hey sister, let's be fair. After all, I rushed over to this comment page to point out that the singer man looks like Jesus. Am I the only one seeing that?

11:06 PM  
Blogger JessicaMarie said...

oh, and yahoo is pretty cool for having photo albums. I only suggest that because not everyone could see them on facebook.

11:07 PM  
Blogger cchrissyy said...

That's why he should launch his Flamenco career with that song :)

7:13 AM  
Blogger cchrissyy said...

Some people look for Jesus in prison. Luckily, you knew He was in Sevilla :)

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home