Saturday, January 20, 2007

Buddy

i haven't had much experience with death in my life. luckily, the people who i'm closest with have been able to stick around so far. so today when my great old black lab was put to sleep was a new and heart-wrenching experience for me. I know most people would say that he was just a dog, and one that barked a lot and wouldn't let you look away for even a moment, but he was a special guy and it's terrible to lose him. It was cute seeing how my parents went from just accommodating their son's crazy idea to actually liking the dog, and seeing my dad grow to be pals with him and dutifully make sure he got his walk around the neighborhood each night. buddy was crazy about my dad, but i think that is because he would share his breakfast and was also the most liberal with the dog treats. you know, there are a million things i could write about him, but it wouldn't mean much to anyone who didn't already know him, so i won't worry about writing them down. but we sure did love that dog.

2 Comments:

Blogger JessicaMarie said...

Yes, we did. I wish you could have been around today and this past week and a half or so. We loved the heck out of him. I'm happy to know that he's now feeling better, running around with jars of peanut butter and brand new tennis balls all around a giant pool for him to swim in to his heart's delight. He was such a great dog. We really miss him around here already.

2:34 AM  
Blogger cchrissyy said...

yeah, sorry about him.
you know, when Horn lost Roscoe, he was about your age and Roscoe was about Buddy's age. and you might think a busy young man wouldn't be attached and effected by his dog's loss, but he was. and that's OK.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home